Monday 9 April 2012

Back to life....

Hello again, hello.  It's been an extremely hectic month.  My parents have just moved house and I was designated head of operations which meant a thousand and one car trips on my part, an almost broken arm and a ridiculous and actually quite sickening amount of take out!  J has also been working flat out and we've all hardly seen each other despite it being the school holidays!

Fingers crossed we can now return to a semblance of normal and I can get blogging again.

One thing that has repeatedly popped up in any stolen moments I've had to do some recreational reading is the David Gelb film Jiro Dreams of Sushi.  A documentary on sushi chef Jiro Ono, the octogenarian owner of 3 Michelin star Sukiyabashi in Tokyo. 




With the poise of a Kendo master and an almost religious reverence for the sushi he creates, Jiro Ono's absolute dedication to the craft is absolutely inspirational.  Now I just need to find a cinema that's actually showing it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments, ideas and links to other good blogs.